The Bestiarum Vocabulum is the wizard’s encyclopedia of faerie beasties and mundane crossovers living in the lake and forest near Lita’s castle.
boggart [ˈbɒɡət] noun, c.1680; OE puca < Welsh bwg; related to bog, variant of bug + -ard; also bugbear, bogle, boggle, bogyman, bogeyman.
- Denizen of the Clockpunk Wizard world.
- Boggart has two forms:
- Shy household fey-folk goblin that lives in boggart boxes tucked away in attics and root cellars.
- Malevolent genius loci inhabiting sink holes, marshes or other natural features.
- Boggarts are carrion eaters of broken spells; they also collect discarded magical trash such as busted charms and unpaired dirty socks.
- Personages: the many boggarts in Glitter Ponies.